Helpful Internet Safety and Personal Injury Resources
We will, from time to time, add resources that support our practice areas, clients and potential clients. The goal is to promote safety in your life, or if injured to assist you to collect from the party that is legally liable. We aren't here for the insurance industry, which in my mind is interested mainly in promoting the float, and that means delay, delay and more delay. Anyone with any history of dealing with the insurance industry knows that I'm right. The entire industry is designed around the concept of delay.
Each adjuster has more files than they can reasonable manage; those same adjusters lacks authority to settle cases and are given low monetary levels of authority; above those adjusters are layers of management that further slow down the process and no decision is made until you are virtually standing at the steps of the courthouse. Simply put the insurance industry promotes the float.
For people delay isn't in their best interest. What is in their interest is getting paid wage loss, medical reimbursement and something for pain/suffering so they can catch up on the bills after suffering a serious injury that takes them out of the work. This resource page is for you too.
Over time I have expanded this website to include areas that serve my clients and interest me. Many people use the deposition preparation section to better understand what they will face when being questioned in a deposition. Feel free to do so, but please write for me a testimonial about your experience and whether or not my suggestions were helpful. I'm here to help with serious personal injuries including cases where the injuries include brain damage, paraplegia and quadriplegia. Help me to help you so call early, right after the accident - even if just to get some direction about whether and when you need to hire a lawyer. I'm always willing to listen. Contact information - 515-222-1110 or [email protected]
Denver Personal Injury Attorney
Free Consultation – (303) 825-2223 – Denver DUI - Law Firm of Jeremy Rosenthal - 1020 West Seventh Avenue - Denver, CO 80204 - Tel: 303-825-2223 - [email protected] - www.denvercoinjuryattorney.com
Los Angeles Criminal Defense Attorney
Los Angeles Criminal Defense Attorney - Criminal defense attorney with over 30 years of experience serving clients throughout southern California. Areas of expertise - murder, manslaughter, homicide, robbery, theft, business fraud, domestic violence, dui, dwi.
- Ridin' Dirty - The Radio Talk Show
DWI Attorney Houston - Paul Darrow
DWI attorney Houston- Paul Darrow is a DWI attorney in Houston that handles all types of DWI cases, whether a first-time, second-time or felony charge.
- Motorcycles - Center For Disease Control: Injury Prevention & Control – Motorcycle Safety
- Motorcycles - National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Motorcycles - Abate of Iowa
- Motorcycles - Iowa Department of Transportation
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration - Bicycles
- Safe Motorist.com all about bicycles
- Iowa DOT on Bicycle Safety
- Bike Iowa
- Iowa Bicycle Coalition
- Schwinn Website Bike Safety
- ATV Certification Course Online
- DNR Handbook for Off-Road Vehicle Laws
- Iowa DNR on ATV’s
- Government ATV Safety Site
- ATV - U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Iowa State ATV Information
- Iowa ATV Safety Course - FAQs
- Official ATV Safety Course - Iowa
- All-Terrain Vehicles (ATV) - Iowa – DNR
- Iowa OHV Association
- ATV Association of Iowa
- Iowa ATV Trails
- All-Terrain Vehicles (ATV) - Iowa
Providing forums, articls, clubs, site news and a photo gallery you can register and have access to all the information available on this site.
Harley-Davidson's Zylstra in Iowa
Zylstra is a Harley-Davidson dealer having stores in Iowa, Minnesota and Illinois.
Motorcycle Safety Tips
Some news you can use when riding a two-wheeler across town or our country.
Find a Harley-Davidson dealer near you or just look at the new line of motorcycles.
Biker Chick News
A rider from Iowa who blogs about motorcycle issues.
Norman Fernandez and I don't always agree but we respect the other's right to have and to speak an opinion.
- Pedestrian Accidents - Centers for Disease Control: Pedestrian Safety
- Pedestrian Accidents - U.S. Department of Transportation: Federal Highway Administration
- Pedestrian Accidents - WalkingInfo.org - PedSafe
- Pedestrian Accidents - WalkingInfo.org
- Pedestrian Accidents - National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
Farm machinery is worth it's cost, but children can be worth nothing to their living parents
If I drive my car into a farmer's tractor he gets paid the value of the tractor. But if my client's child is killed due to someone's negligence, an Iowa jury can find the parents consortium claim is worthless. Think I'm wrong? Read this case. In memory of Jerrica.TERI PHELAN-RUDEN, Individually and as Next of Kin and Executor of the JERRICA ANN-HILLEMAN-RUDEN ESTATE, and JEFF RUDEN
- Decoding a VIN - Vehicle Identification Numbers
Purchasing a Car or Truck and Decoding the VIN History
This website allows you to enter a VIN number to decode it. There are tabs for List VIN's, models, reviews, decoder, patterns, links, products and vehicle history. You can purchase an InstaVin vehicle history report.
CDL DOT Locations in Iowa
CDL DOT locations in Iowa
Iowa Trucking Companies
Iowa truck drivers who need information to assist in running their operations.
- Iowa DOT: Investigating Officers Crash Reporting Guide
- Iowa car accidents
- Rural Roads Safety - The Slow Moving Vehicle Symbol
Iowa truck and trailer accidents
Iowa truck and trailer accident news and discussion.
NHTSA - Nathional Highway Safety
The National Highway Safety Administration site provides safety information having to do with riding on the blacktop. An essential ingredient for any client or trial lawyer toolbox.
Chicago Auto Accident Attorney- Lipkin & Higgins
Chicago Auto Accident Attorney- Being a respected firm, Lipkin & Higgins provides free consultation with attorneys who handle cases on various personal injuries in Chicago. Hire an attorney to get ethical & sensible legal advice and the best course of action for your auto accident injury.
18 Wheeler Accident Blog, Texas Lawyer
Austin Personal Injury Attorney - If you need the help of an Austin injury or wrongful death lawyer, truck accident lawyer, Texas medical malpractice attorney, or help with any other personal injury matter, the experienced and dedicated staff of Grossman Law Offices is here to help you! Let injurylawyersofaustin.com be your information source regarding personal injury and wrongful death law.
Miami Injury Lawyer
The Law Office of Robert Dixon,personal injury cases involving car accidents, wrongful death, slip and falls and any type of injury claims.
The Workwear Store - Carthartt
At The Workwear Store, we sell only Carhartt clothing products. We believe in providing our customers with the best quality in men's and women's workwear, outerwear and protective clothing. Carhartt workwear products deliver the quality construction and durability that our customers have come to expect.
- OSHA on Sodium Hydroxide
Employment Law and Workers' Compensation War Stories
Employerbrief provides latest information on social media, employment law, workers' compensation and other important workplace issues. This is a nice looking site, easy to navigate with interesting stories about work place issues and law.
2006 Wind Turbine Accident Compilation, Craig
Compiles articles about fatal windturbine accidents.
Iowa Workers' Compensation
Search the Workers' Compensation website for decisions, laws, agency rules, staff information and more.
Every wonder what news is out there concerning safety in your workplace, or with the toy your child has in it's mouth or on construction sites? Look no further to see safety news from around the world.
Workers' Comp Insider
It's been said to keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Want to know what the other side is thinking? They call it cost control or cost containment. It's Lynch Ryan's weblog about workers' compensation from the defense perspective.
Iowa work place injuries
Discussions about most anything of a personal injury nature including news about work place injuries and the causes.
- Leak Detection for Gas, Water, Equipment and Pool
- Real Estate Law - Iowa Code: Title XIV Property
- Real Estate Law - Iowa Property Owners Alliance
- Real Estate Law - Iowa Department of Transportation
Tree Maintenance Guide
– Tips on Proper Tree Selection, Planting and Pruning
Mature Tree Care
- Tree inspection is an evaluation tool to call attention to any change in the tree’s health before the problem becomes too serious.
City of Creston, City Ordinances – Duty to Trim Tree Limbs
- Fontanelle Tree Limb News Item - CHAPTER 151
Recognize Hazardous Defects in Trees
– US Dept of Agriculture, Forestry Service
Inspect your trees: Are they safe?
– Dead branches – easiest to spot during the growing season since leaves will be absent.
OWI - CDL - OWI and Losing a CDL
Driving while intoxicated results in severe consequences for the driver. In Iowa, the minimum fine if convicted of an OWI is $1000, and will result in a 180 day license suspension. There may also be a 48 hour jail time requirement, but could extend to one year depending on the seriousness of the offense and damage.
Do you have a question about how the US government works or doesn't work? Go to USA.Gov and you may find the answer to your question.
Activity in Congress
Want to know what's going on in Congress? Me neither but sometimes you just have to know. Here is a list of floor activity from the previous legislative day, floor actions, the Daily Digest; you can search the Congressional Record along with many more search options.
The White House - The Red Phone!
You awoke this morning madder then Hell and want to give the President a piece of your mind. Well cool off and then you can send the President and email.
- Massachusetts - Burns Jain - Personal Injury
Houston Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers
McIver Brown's award winning Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers in Houston handle cases involving Nursing Home Abuse, Neglect, and other serious injury cases in Houston and throughout Texas.
- Massachusetts, Boston - Criminal Defense Law - Jason Chan
- Law Offices of Jason Chan - Criminal Defense
- Texas - Houston - Sutliff & Stout Lawfirm
Michigan - DWI Laws
Specializing in the defense of both residents and non-residents from DUI charges, the Law Office of Joseph F. Awad is a full service Michigan-based law firm dedicated to clearing your name.
Wisconsin- Jacquart & Lowe, S.C.
Serving: Milwaukee, Appleton, Fox Valley, Green Bay, Janesville, Kenosha, Madison, Oshkosh, Port Washington, Racine, Sheboygan, Watertown, Waukesha, West Bend 241 N. Broadway Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
Washington - Paulson & Nace
Serving: Serving Washington, DC and all surrounding areas including Montgomery County, Maryland; Prince George's County, Maryland; Anne Arundel County, Maryland; Berkeley County, West Virginia; Jefferson County, West Virginia; and Northern Virginia.
Tennessee - LAW OFFICES OF MORGAN ADAMS
Serving Chattanooga, Knoxville, Nashville, Memphis, Monteagle TN
Rhode Island - Audette, Bazar, Cordeiro & Grasso, Inc.
Serving: Providence, Bristol, Central Falls, Cranston, Cumberland, East Greenwich, Johnston, Lincoln, Narragansett, Pawtucket, Riverside, Wakefield, Warren, Warwick, Westerly, Barrington, East Providence 35 Highland Avenue East Providence, Rhode Island 02914
Pennsylvania - Sheller, P.C.
Serving: Statewide Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Norristown, Cheltenham, Chester, Drexel Hill, Folsom, Havertown, King of Prussia, Levittown, Radnor, Springfield, Swarthmore, West Chester, Willow Grove 1528 Walnut Street 3rd Floor Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19102
Ohio - Spangenberg Shibley & Liber
Serving: Cleveland, Ashtabula, Brecksville, Brook Park, Brunswick, Chardon, Cleveland Heights, Eastlake, Elyria, Lakewood, Lorain, Macedonia, Medina, Mentor, North Ridgeville, Painesville, Parma, Rocky River, Solon, Stongsville, Willoughby 1900 East Ninth Street Suite 2400 Cleveland, Ohio 44114
North Carolina - Brent & Adams - Personal Injury
Serving: Raleigh, Durham,Apex, Fayetteville, Dunn, Cary, Chapel Hill, Henderson, Oxford, Research Triangle, Roxboro, Sanford, Smithfield, Warrenton, Clinton, Elizabethtown, Fort Bragg, Hamlet, Hope Mills, Lillington, Lumberton, Pinehurst, Rockingham, Southern Pines
New York - Napoli Bern Ripka, LLP - Go Red Sox!
Serving: New York City, Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn, Long Island, Nassau, Queens, Staten Island, Suffolk, Yonkers
Nebraska - Inserra & Kelley
Serving: Omaha, Council Bluffs, Bellevue, Elkhorn, Fremont, La Vista, Norfolk, Papillion, Plattsmouth, Ralston, South Sioux City, Valentine, Wayne, Atlantic, Carroll, Carter Lake, Creston, Denison, Missouri Valley, Red Oak 6790 Grover Street Suite 200 Omaha, Nebraska 68106
Massachusetts - Steven H. Schafer & Associates - Personal Injury
Serving: Boston, Worcester, Cambridge, Lowell, Dedham, Salem, Lawrence, Brockton, Plymouth, Taunton, Fall River, New Bedford, MetroWest, Newton, Needham, Wellesley, Natick, Framingham, Waltham
Kansas - Warner Law Offices - Personal Injury
Serving: Wichita, Andover, Arkansas City, Augusta, Derby, El Dorado, Haysville, Hutchinson, McPherson, Newton, Wellington, Winfield 310 W. Central Ste. 110 Wichita, Kansas 67202
Hawaii - Wayne Parsons Law Offices
Oahu, Maui, Hawaii, Kauai, Lanai 1406 Colburn St. Suite 201-C Honolulu, Hawaii 96817
Georgia - Childers & Schlueter, LLP - Personal Injury
Serving: Atlanta, Macon, Marietta, Norcross, Roswell, Sandy Springs, Smyrna, Buckhead, College Park, Decatur, Duluth, Forest Park. Also serving communities throughout the state of Georgia and across the nation. 260 Peachtree Street Northwest Suite 1601 Atlanta, Georgia 30303
California - Owen, Patterson & Owen - Personal Injury
Serving: Glendale, Santa Clarita, Lancaster, Antelope Valley, East Los Angeles, Acton, Agoura Hills, Burbank, Calabasas, Hidden Hills, La Canada Flintridge, La Crescenta-Montrose, Oak Park, Piru, Quartz Hill, San Fernando, Simi Valley, Val Verde, Valencia, Westlake Village, Alhambra, Compton, Downey, El Monte, Hawthorne, Inglewood, Norwalk, Pasadena, South Gate, West Covina, Whittier, Desert View Highlands, Edwards AFB, Lake Los Angeles, Littlerock, Palmdale, Quartz Hill, Rosamond
Alaska - Law Offices of Michael J. Schneider - Personal Injury
Serving: Anchorage, Bethel, Chugiak, Cordova, Dutch Harbor, Eagle River, Homer, Juneau, Kenai, Ketchikan, Palmer, Seward, Sitka, Soldotna, Wasilla, Willow
Alabama - Burns, Cunningham & Mackey, P.C.
Serving: Mobile, Butler, Chatom, Demopolis, Evergreen, Fairhope, Grove Hill, Gulf Shores, Livingston, Mcintosh, Monroeville, Mt. Vernon, Orange Beach, Theodore, Bay Minette, Bayou La Batre
Colorado - Bachus & Schanker - Personal Injury
Serving: Denver, Fort Collins, Colorado Spring, Grand Junction, Cheyenne and all surrounding areas. Offices in Denver, Fort Collins and Colorado Springs
- Minnesota - Bradshaw & Bryant
ILLINOIS - Capron & Avgerinos, P.C. - Workers Compensation and Personal Injury
Dedicated to the seriously injured in Illinois and Iowa.
- Texas - Perlmutter & Schuelke LLP - Personal Injury
- Florida Personal Injury Lawyer - Attorney Robert Dixon
California - Los Angeles
Contact Sepehr Daghighian, P.C a Los Angeles attorney for business laws, patent laws and more. Contact a Los Angeles California (CA) lawyer by phone (310) 887-1333, fax, or email on daghighian.com.
- WYOMING -
- WEST VIRGINIA -
- VIRGINIA -
- VERMONT -
- UTAH -
- SOUTH DAKOTA -
- SOUTH CAROLINA -
- OREGON -
- OKLAHOMA -
- NORTH DAKOTA -
- NEW MEXICO -
- NEW JERSEY -
- NEW HAMPSHIRE -
- NEVADA -
- MONTANA -
- MISSOURI -
- MISSISSIPPI -
- MARYLAND -
- MAINE -
- LOUISIANA -
- KENTUCKY -
- INDIANA -
- IDAHO -
- DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA -
- DELAWARE -
- CONNECTICUT -
- ARKANSAS -
- ARIZONA -
The Des Moines Register Newspaper
A list of the Register staff blogs is accessible through this link.
Interested in finding out what newspapers are published in the US? Here is where you can find a list of the world news sources categorized by Africa, Caribbean, Central America, Europe, the United Kingdom, North America, South America and the South Pacific. There is an additional search option for World Newspapers.
- Top Online Family Nurse Practitioner Degree Programs
A place where you can ask legal questions.
FDA Medical Device Recalls
See the latest Medical Device Recalls from the FDA.
Consumer Product Safety Commission
Toys painted with lead, choking hazzards, products that electricute, burn and buzz - it's all here at the Consumer Product Safety Commission. Read about recalls, warnings and how to protect your children.
Emanuel Law Outlines
This study aid will help.
Nutshell Series on the Law
Study Aids and Ancillary Materials covering 142 titles and subjects in a concise and readable manner. A decent way to get an overview of a particular area of the law.
Gilbert Law Summaries - The book law profs will tell you don't need to read.
Welcome to Gilbert Law Summaries!
- Litigation & Trial
- Above the Law
- What is a Neuropsychological Evaluation?
Excel Spreadsheet Calculator for Motorcycle Minimum Speeds based on Skid Marks
Shortest Non-Skid Stopping Distance Possible with 100% Braking Efficiency. NEWER VERSION!
- Skid Mark Analysis for Motorcycles
- West Academic - Casebooks and Statutes
- West Publishing Companies Interactive Casebook Series
Skid-mark speed calculator
A handy little skid speed calculator.
Iowa Courts Online
Search the Court docket for cases filed in Iowa's 99 counties.
Trial Lawyer Resource Center
Trial tips from trial lawyers and litigation experts on a variety of topics.
National Weather Service
Many cases include weather related proof. With this link you can access historic weather data.
WSJ Law Blog
Here the WSJ hashes over the legal news of the day. You may agree to disagree, but believe me it's never dull.
US Courts Online
All that you want to know about the US Courts is accessible through this link.
Life at the Bar
No not that bar, this website is about the trial bar.
The digital law office
A daily digest of cases, comments and practical references for applying technology to the practice of law and litigation support.
- KaTom Restaurant Supply, Inc.: Information on the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act
- Frequently Asked Questions Appeals of Decisions by a Sheriff or the Commissioner of Public Safety to Deny, Suspend, or Revoke a Permit to Carry or Acquire Firearms
- Iowa trespass law
- FBI fact sheet on National Instant Criminal Background Check System
- National Instant Criminal Background Check System Appeals Brochure (Spanish)
- National Instant Criminal Background Check System Appeals Brochure (English)
- Guide to National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) Appeals
- Federal Bureau of Investigation form to request reason for denial, suspension, or revocation of gun permit
- Iowa District Courts
- Iowa State Sheriffs' and Deputies' Association (ISSDA)
- Iowa Department of Inspections and Appeals
- Handgun Law
- National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF)
- Iowa Gun Owners
- National Rifle Association Institute for Legislative Action (NRA-ILA)
- National Rifle Association (NRA)
- Legally Armed
- USA Carry
- Legally Armed guide to gun permit reciprocity, showing which states honor which other states' permits
- USA Carry interactive gun permit map, showing reciprocity by state
- Iowa Department of Human Services: Firearms Safety Plan form for foster parents
- Application for Iowa permit to carry
- Application for Iowa permit to acquire
- Iowa Department of Public Safety
- Department of Natural Resources: Iowa hunting laws and weapons permit applicability
- 4 issues with Iowa's gun carry law that concern sheriffs
- Map: Gun permits issued by Iowa county
- Register Investigation: 99.6% of Iowa gun permits approved
- Advice from Dubuque Police Department on Iowa gun law (2011)
- Iowa Department of Public Safety's FAQ on 2011 Iowa gun law
- Globe Gazette's summary of Iowa gun law as updated in 2011
- NRA-ILA summary of Iowa gun laws
- Iowa Handgun Laws
- Iowa DOT: Investigating Officers Crash Reporting Guide
- INVESTIGATING OFFICER'S REPORT OF MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT CODE SHEET
- INVESTIGATING OFFICER'S REPORT OF MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT CODE SHEET
- Widows and Orphans - Sallie Mae: College Scholarship Service (CSS)
- Widows and Orphans - U.S. Social Security Administration – Benefits for Children
- Widows and Orphans - Women’s Institute for a Secure Retirement
- Widows and Orphans - SNAP - Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program:
- Widows and Orphans - Widows and Social Security
- Widows and Orphans - Women’s Institute for Financial Education
- Widows and Orphans - Department of Homeland Security
- Quad and Paraplegia - National Spinal Cord Injury Association
- Quad and Paraplegia - QUAD Foundation
- Quad and Paraplegia - Apparelyzed: Spinal Cord Peer Injury Support
- Iowa State Patrol
- Iowa Department of Public Safety
- Iowa Governor’s Highway Safety Association
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
- Centers for Disease Control: Traumatic Brain Injury
- Brain Injury Association of America
- Iowa Boater Education Exam
- Iowa Boating and Responsibilities
- Boating 101
- Iowa DOT Boating Education
- Carbon Monoxide – Home Furnaces - A Healthy Home Checklist – From The Surgeon General’s Call to Action To Promote Healthy Homes
- Fall Protection Compliance - Construction Site
- Chiropractors - Iowa Board of Chiropractic
- Dermatologists - Iowa Dermatological Society
- Optometrists - Iowa Optometric Association
- Doctors - Iowa Osteopathic Medical Association
- Podiatrists - Iowa Podiatric Medical Society
- Veterinary Doctors - Iowa Veterinary Medical Association
- Nurses - Iowa Law and Administrative Rules
- Doctors – IBM - Discipline Press Releases & Agency News Releases
- Doctors - Iowa Board of Medicine – Iowa Code, Rules & Policy
- Podiatrists - Discipline & Public Actions
- Nurses - Sanctioned Cases - Go to
- Podiatrists - Iowa Board of Podiatry
- Podiatrists - Laws & Rules
- Dentists - Iowa Dental Board
- Dentists - Iowa Dental Association
- Doctors - AMA – Continued Medical Education - CME
- Doctors - Behavioral Medicine Institute of Atlanta
Doctors - CPEP – Center for Personalized Education for Physicians
For physicians, physician assistants, advanced practice nurses, podiatrists and other healthcare professionals. Located in Colorado.
- Doctors - Iowa Board of Medicine
- Veterinary Doctors - Iowa Board of Veterinary Medicine
- Doctors - Iowa Medical Society
- Nurses - Iowa Board of Nursing
- Pharmacists - Iowa Board of Pharmacy
- Dentists - Disciplinary Orders - follow the link, then under "Content" open the documents by date. Or use the search box.
- Dentists - Board Rules - Look in the column on the left side of the page under Iowa Code & Rules, then follow the links.
- Pharmacists - Discipline
- Pharmacists - Rules and Laws
- HIP IMPLANT LITIGATION - DePuy website
- Misbehaving Stock Brokers
- Mortgage Fraud Blog
- Social Security Benefits vs In Vitro Square Off Before the 8th Circuit
OWI - CDL
Suppression of breath test (PBT) in operating-while-intoxicated case as it relates to a commercial driver’s license (CDL). Ruled in favor of the truck driver and suppressed the results of the field sobriety test and PBT. State of Iowa vs Massengale, No. 92/06-1466 (Iowa 2008) – Links to Iowa Supreme Court Opinions page and the Lombardi Law Firm resources.
- 75 Ways the Internet can Save You in the Event of a House Fire or other Disaster
- Contesting a Will
- Marler Blog - Food Safety and Food Poisoning
- TBI Resource Guide
- Spinal Cord Society
- National Rehabilitation Information Center
- Christopher and Dana Reeves Foundation
- Nat. Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
- National Spinal Cord Injury Association
- Medical Library Association
- Brain Injury News
- Wrong-way Interstate and Highway
- Commercial Driver's Licensing Laws - State Law
- Iowa OWI (operating while intoxicated)
- Iowa CDL and DUI in Iowa
- Criminal Law Commentary - with Todd Miler Guest at Lombardi Law Firm
- Helpful Internet Safety and Personal Injury
- Truck Driving Schools in Iowa | Trucking Schools
- How To Pass The Iowa CDL Skills Test - YouTube
- Iowa commercial driver's licenses
- CDL & Medical certification requirements
- Commercial Driver License Manual - Iowa
- Iowa State Patrol Crash Reports
- NTSB Accident Reports link
Fall protection through netting
One out of ten construction workers is injured on the job each year, and falls are the single leading cause of construction accidents, injuries—and fatalities.
- Construction Safety Equipment
- Safety Equipment Organization
- OSHA at the US Dept of Labor
See Lyle E. Schneider, et. Al. vs State of Iowa, No. 07-0887, September 3, 2010, Iowa Supreme Court
Twenty-six business and property owners from Denver, Iowa are proceeding in Bremer County District Court in their lawsuit against the State of Iowa saying when the State of Iowa redesigned the U.S. Highway 63 bypass and bridge project state employees could not choose to ignore state regulations that required the bridge to stand free of the floodway.
- National Dam Safety Program
- Does my state have a leash law?
Interventions for reducing wrong-site surgery and invasive procedures
Interventions for reducing wrong-site surgery and invasive procedures written by Patrick Mahar1,2, Jason Wasiak3,*, Lachlan Batty4, Steven Fowler5, Heather Cleland6, Russell L Gruen7 - Editorial Group: Cochrane Effective Practice and Organisation of Care Group,
Libel/Slander Immunity Medical Examiner Reporting Requirements Standards of Practie
According to a Des Moines Register article libel suit between the Woodbury County Medical Examiner [ME] and a surgeon he reported to the Iowa Board of Medical Examiners was ‘tossed' by Judge Reade.
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) Wrong-site Surgery Advisory
This Information Statement was developed as an educational tool based on the opinion of the authors.
Washington Post - Medical Errors, Wrong-site Surgeries
The Problem Surgery on the wrong body part -- or the wrong patient -- is widely regarded as the one of the most egregious errors in medicine.
Tips for Patients to Prevent Wrong Site Surgery
Tips for Patients to Prevent Wrong Site Surgery You and your surgeon should agree on exactly what will be done during the operation.
New Options Available For Ophthalmologists To Avoid Wrong Site Surgery
The American Academy of Ophthalmology is offering ophthalmologists two new tools to help members avoid wrong site or wrong IOL errors.
- Handgun Buyer's Guide - Gun World
- Buyer's guide to selecting a handgun
- Handgun Buying Guide
- Iowa - Handgunlaw.us
- Sheriff's Office - Polk County Iowa
- Weapons Permit Application for Polk County, Iowa
- Weapons Permits - Polk County Sheriff's Office
- Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.
- Scheels | Sporting Goods
- Cabela’s Official Site
- Turkey Hunting - Iowa Department
- Hunting Seasons and Bag Limits 2012-13
- Season Dates, Calendar - Iowa
- Hunting Licenses & Laws - Iowa
- Nonresident Hunting - Iowa Department of Natural Resources
- Iowa DNR (iowadnr) on Twitter
- Iowa Department of Natural Resources > Home
- Fishing - Iowa Department of Natural Resources
- Deer Hunting - Iowa Department of Natural
- Hunting - Iowa Department of Natural Resources
- Iowa Lottery › Winning Numbers
- Iowa Lottery › Games › Hot Lotto
- Iowa Lottery › Games › Mega Millions
- Iowa Lottery › Games › Powerball Winning
- Official Web Site of the Iowa Lottery
- Which Is Better: Cash Up Front Or Payments Over Time?
Title IX Blog
An interdisciplinary resource for news, legal developments, commentary, and scholarship about Title IX, the federal statute prohibiting discrimination on the basis of sex in federally funded schools.
CHEER RULES – AYC REGIONALS & NATIONALS
AYC GENERAL CHEER SAFETY RULES & ROUTINE GUIDELINES
The Spirit Consultants
The Spirit Consultants provide personalized comprehensive cheerleading skills training; summer cheerleading and dance camps; year-round private stunt clinics; competition choreography; and much more for all high school spirit programs with an emphasis on safety, teambuilding and goal achievement. TSC is here to help all coaches and advisors safely train and grow their spirit programs.
National Cheer Safety Foundation
Kimberly Archie, the director of the National Cheer Safety Foundation provides safety information in the NCSF safety library. Kim is a great, and perhaps the number one advocate who has changed this sport to one focused on safety. I collect articles of interest and post on the Cheerleading Safety and the Law of Cheerleading page of Lombardi Law Firm.
American Association of Cheerleading Coaches and Administrators
AACCA, or The American Association of Cheerleading Coaches and Administrators, is the defining source for all cheerleading safety education. The AACCA manual was composed by the industry's top cheerleading professionals, doctors, business professionals, lawyers, and Dr. Gerald S. George.
Safely Using Oxygen at Home - Carle Medical
Nice PDF version discussing open flames, flammable materials, oxygen tubing, direct heat, location, cylinders, concentrators and electrical safety; all brought to you by Carle Medical Supply.
What Is Oxygen Therapy? - NHLBI, NIH
Same as “What is Oxygen Therapy? (Printer Friendly)” although his version is not so printer friendly. See National Heart Lung and Blood Institute about Oxygen Therapy.
What Is Oxygen Therapy? (Printer-Friendly)
Nice PDF or Adobe version from the National Heart Lung and Blood Institute about Oxygen Therapy. (5 pages)
How To Safely Set Up a Propane
This is a YouTube presentation with Rio Grande’s Mark Nelson.
Oxygen Therapy - Facts About Oxygen
Has your doctor recently prescribed oxygen therapy as part of your COPD treatment plan? If so, you may be wondering why you need it, and more importantly, how you should use it. The following will provide you with detailed information about the benefits of supplemental oxygen as well as some important oxygen safety tips.
Using Oxygen At Home - Care Guide
Contains some useful information including how to safely use oxygen and travel tips for oxygen safety. Tackles issues such as not smoking, using flammables including hobby supplies, changing the flow of O2, how far to keep the Oxygen from source that can cause combustion, drinking alcohol, putting signs up inside and at points of entry, where and how to keep your oxygen container, keeping a fire extinguisher handy, following instructions for maintenance and use along with keeping letting your power company know of your use so you’re on a priority list.
Using Oxygen Safely - Care Guide
A general, very general description of the various uses of medical oxygen. Not very useful but good for a general understanding.
Fire Safety & Oxygen: A Patient Guide
Printable two page pamphlet titled as shown. Very reader friendly. ACCD Healthcare Technology Foundation and the ECRI Institute. What You Need To Know About Oxygen Therapy.
Is this tool the cure for wrong-site surgery and other OR errors?
A new 19-item checklist for safe surgery from the World Health Organization (WHO) aims to improve communication and cohesiveness among team members at three key mileposts: Before anesthesia is induced—“Sign In” Before the skin incision—“Time Out” Before the patient leaves the OR—“Sign Out” Wrong-site surgery is devastating—for the patient and family, of course, but also for the surgical team. Almost always, such error is the result of poor surgical process and ineffective communication among members of the surgical team.
Fall protection - Harnesses & lanyards
We carry: fall protection products, fall protection equipment, osha fall protection, fall protection system, fall protection harness, harnesses, construction fall protection, fall protection safety products, roofer fall protection, roofing fall safety systems, fall protection lanyard, retractable lanyard, safety lanyard, fall safety lanyard, retracting lanyard,self retracting lanyard, miller fall protection, lanyards, fall arrest safety gear, ropes, lifeline systems, carabiners, roof anchors, rope lifeline, fall protection rope, industrial rope, capital safety equipment, anchor points, anchor systems climbing rope and more.
Protective clothing and footwear
Wearing the correct clothing can save your life. Spend the money to work safely. Spend the time to learn how.
Iowa Cold Cases
Writer Jody Ewing launched the Iowa Cold Cases website in December 2005 after working on a cold case series for the Sioux City Weekender. This site provides facts, analysis, reporting and commentary about cold criminal cases in Iowa.
This site provides firefighter news and a blog along with resources for fires and firefighting. It's a great site with a nice design and full of information. Obviously up to date and well cared for on a daily basis.
The Universal Protocol is intended to protect the patient from wrong-site, wrong-patient or wrong-procedure types of surgery.
Need a map or directions?
Daily Commercial News
A Canadian site with an abundance of data about the construction industy, including the United States.
Vehicle Speed and Stopping Distance Calculator
Quickly determine the speed and stopping distance of automobile, or small or large trucks. You will use this essential calculator during interviews, investigations, depositions, and trials in determining the speed and stopping distance of automobiles or small or large trucks. One side gives you the stopping distance of cars, and two truck types; the back side shows the stopping distance for three truck tractors and semitrailers.
Fall protection - Harnesses and lanyards
Since 1972 RTC has met the Fall Protection needs of companies in diverse industries throughout the world. Whether you need basic equipment, like a harness and shock absorbing lanyard, for rooftop or construction applications, or an engineered fall protection system, RTC can meet your needs.
The Library of Congress
THOMAS was launched in January of 1995, at the inception of the 104th Congress. The leadership of the 104th Congress directed the Library of Congress to make federal legislative information freely available to the public. Since that time THOMAS has expanded the scope of its offerings to include the features and content listed below.
State Library of Iowa
Library resources online and accessible with the click of the mouse.