My City clerk has been giving my name out to residents angry they have to actually obey the laws. It stems from complaints and contact from Ombudsman, which I contacted. She has been telling them 'well you can thank xxxx for you getting fined'. Since this I have been vandalized and recieve hate mail. Is this defamation or public information?

You will need to telephone the City Attorney, advise him/her of what the Clerk is doing with giving out your name and that you want it to stop and for her to be disciplined. Also ask the City to pay for the damage to your property. Telephone and follow up with a letter. Keep a copy of the letter.