How do I file a claim after being in an accident? My husband was a cyclist and was hit by a car. How do I start a claim against the person who hit him?

You contact the owner of the car and ask for his auto insurance contact information. Then you contact the adjuster. If they don't respond then you hire a lawyer and he/she gets their attention.