Iowa law allows claims against former employers for unpaid wages

Iowa law contains a provision allowing an employee to collect earned and unpaid wages from former employers.  Often when an employee is terminated, there is either a dispute as to the wages owed or the employer is simply withholding due wages in bad faith.  If this happened to you or someone you know, you can bring a claim against the employer for the unpaid wages, and the employer will not only be liable for the wages, but also attorney's fees, court costs, and damages if the withholding was intentional.  The claim must be brought within one year from the date that the paycheck should have been issued.  The employer may also be subject to a civil penalty fee if the commissioner finds it acted intentionally to prevent the employee from collecting earned wages.  Call us today if you think you have a claim for earned and unpaid wages.

Just be aware this form suggested by Elie is for the State of New York, not Iowa.
by Steve Lombardi August 3, 2015 at 11:20 PM
If anyone needs to fill out claim unpaid wages form, I found a blank form here at this site PDFfiller. This site also has several related forms that you'll find useful.
by elie August 3, 2015 at 10:42 PM
Post a Comment