It has been several months since I last reported about the Fed-Ex/WalMart paraplegic scam that is being played across the country. My last article was on March 4, 2014. Since then we have received emails from lawyers in Englewood-New Jersey, Memphis-Tennessee, Augusta- Georgia, Irving-Texas, Tulsa-Oklahoma, Woodbridge-New Jersey along with lawyers from Sacramento and Encino, California.
The basic scam remains the same. He is still working for FedEx driving a forklift and tips over after falling off a ramp not secured by a Walmart employee. He is using different names, like Troy Williams and Devante Gowdy. The telephone numbers (remember these are burner phones) he gives out have been 601-260-2807 and 985-498-8832. Mr. Jackson continues to be his favorite landlord and he’s using May 22, 2013 as the date of injury.
Every lawyer who has contacted us says the same thing, “Thank you for saving us a bunch of wasted time. It is a great post.”
As one lawyer asked, "So why hasn’t the ABA Journal picked up on this and your posts and why hasn’t your blog made it into the Top 100 ABA Blogs?" I have no way of understanding the politics of the ABA and those who run it. You will have to ask them. I guess Donald Sterling shouting at his wife in court is more important than whether hundreds of lawyers waste thousands of hours being scammed. Go figure!
Resources about this continuing scammer:
- November 18, 2013: Law Practice: The Paraplegic Scam and the story of Po Javontae – Des Moines, Iowa.
- December 9, 2013: Breaking News: Javontae's paraplegic scam, moves from Iowa to California! - California
- December 13, 2013: Breaking News: Hot off the Dysfunctional Press from the Lombardi Law Firm! – Spokane, Washington
- December 15, 2013: More Breaking News: Where is Waldo? He’s in New Haven, Connecticut
- December 18, 2013: Does Waldo own a jet? – The Big Apple, New York, New York
- December 21, 2013: Paraplegic scammer attempts his scam on lawyers in Baltimore, Maryland
- January 14, 2014: News Update: Fed Ex and Walmart Scammers in New Jersey
- January 22, 2014: Let’s Rock & Roll with Po Javontae, Baltimore, Maryland - Javontae is back trolling again in Baltimore, Maryland, slight change of reported facts. He’s changed his address to: Napoleon, 111 East Little Texas Road, Louisiana 70390. This lawyer did not bite.
- January 27, 2014: Contacted by lawyers in West Virginia. Legal Scam: Javontae is back, this time in West Virginia
- February 7, 2014: February, 7, 2014: Do Louisianans have too much time on their hands? West Virginia
- February 12, 2014: Guess who is back? You guessed it Javontae! | Lombardi Law Firm – Los Angeles, California
- February 18, 2014: FedEx-WalMart Scam Update: What Babe the Blue Ox Has in Common with Javontae?
- February 24, 2014: Lawyer Scams: What makes them all similar?
- February 25, 2014: Javontae Holloway: This scam is all hat and no cattle.
- March 4, 2014: Javontae Holloway: This burner phone scammer has an Ohio Version
- July 10, 2014: Update: Javontae Holloway the Chameleon, or Should I Say “PIG!”