KCCI published a story pointing out an arrest of a man involved in an accident in which a person died.
“POLK COUNTY, Iowa — Police arrested a man they said caused a fatal crash Friday night.
Taylor Linse, 26, of Bondurant, was arrested and charged with operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated, second offense, homicide by vehicle, driving while license revoked and probation violation.
Authorities said Linse was northbound in the 7200 block of Northeast 14th Street around 10:30 p.m. when he crossed into the southbound lane and struck a motorcyclist.”Here is the current link to the story.
And in another story out of Bondurant, Iowa.
“On Thursday, Polk County deputies said the victim in the car was Juliann Saak, 56, of Baxter.
The driver of the truck, Jason Albrecht, 43, of Hazelton, Iowa, was issued a citation for failure to maintain control.”
Quite a few fatalities lately. I count at least ten with motor vehicle accident reports on file. Osceola, Washington, Henry, Harrison, Linn, Polk, Story and Decatur Counties.
We have our fair share of fatal accident clients and invite anyone with questions to call our office. The consultation is free for determining if your case is one we would like to handle.
Let's take a look at how people are being killed in car, truck and ATV accidents. It is always important to see how and why people die in accidents.
- In one a minor who was a passenger in a semi pulling a trailer was killed when the tire went onto the shoulder causing the trailer to jackknife and roll. Joshua Hamrick driver. Brenton Danks from Eau Claire, Wisconsin died and Homer Smith suffered serious injuries when the two collided head-on on Highway 92, 1 mile east of Ainsworth. Smith is from Novelty, Missouri.
- Dennis Lee Fleming of Davenport was killed when his 2011 Chevy Malibu left the highway, hit the guardrail, tumbled down an embankment onto some railroad tracks, landed on its top, catching on fire and then was pulled from the burning car. Wow, what a mess.
- Then Kevin Bright of Omaha, Nebraska driving a Ford Econoline rear ended a semi-truck being driven by Bradley Davis of Red Cloud, Nebraska. He must have hit the semi-trailer pretty hard to cause his own death.
- Then on July 27, 2017 a 2015 Nissan Pathfinder reported to have been driven Aarona Davore appears to have crossed the center line striking Lahoma Bearbower’s 2004 Honda Odyssey. The report indicates Bearbower’s injuries were fatal and Devore’s serious enough to warrant an ambulance ride to Mercy.
- Again on the 27th a three-car collision involving Robert Latare of Des Moines who died after being in an accident on I-80 involving James Norman Ray Heur and Kurt Montgomery. Latare is a defendant in another one of the cases in our office.
- On July 26, 2017 another ATV 4-wheeler accident killed a sixteen year old on a private trail where he collided with a tree causing massive head trauma.
- A head-on collision on Highway 151 or Wright Brothers Boulevard killed a 76 year old man whose Honda CRV was forced left of center trying to avoid a 2006 Toyota Sienna that for some reason drifted across the center line. Robert Montague died in the collision. William Puetz was reported to be the driver of the other vehicle.
- A single-vehicle accident on Interstate 35 at mile marker 108, late at night, involved losing control of the Chrysler Sebring, going onto the median, then rolling and the passenger was ejected. The passenger Richard Lee Boner of Des Moines was reportedly killed. The driver was Katy Markham.
- Then in Decatur County we have a wrong-way accident at 302nd Avenue south of Lineville Road in Lineville, Iowa resulting in a double fatality. The accident being under investigation says a lot to me. Here is the Trooper’s description. SUMMARY: VEHICLE 1 WAS TRAVELING SOUTH ON 302ND AVENUE VEHICLE 2 WAS TRAVELING NORTH ON 302ND AVENUE FOR UNKNOWN REASONS VEHICLE 1 WAS TRAVELING ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROADWAY VEHICLES 1 AND 2 COLLIDED IN A HEAD ON TYPE MANNER BOTH OPERATORS WERE PRONOUNCED DEAD AT THE SCENE OFFICER NAME: ISP 89 TRP DANIELS . POST: 02