He’s now in Los Angeles, California fishing for a bigger fish. Unfortunately no one is biting. Just last week we were asking if Louisianan’s had too much time on their hands and apparently the answer is “Yes!” Louisiana brings us Hurricane Katrina, New Orleans, the BP settlement that is nothing but a con-game and of course our good friend going by the name of Javontae Holloway. He’s probably wondering how long I will track him, the landlord Mr. Jackson and of course brother Tyrone. Well, I’m not giving up. So long as lawyers write to me I will post his trail.
So enough of my talking, here is the trail we continue to follow.
We’ve been documenting a scam being attempted on personal injury lawyers across the United States. The scam is an attempt to obtain money from lawyers who are baited into sending rent money a man who is allegedly a paraplegic in need of rent money. The bait on this fish hook is without the lawyer sending the rent money this injured person will be forced to sign settlement papers and to accept a very modest settlement to avoid being evicted and put in a nursing home. There are so many things wrong with the story that to date we’ve discovered no one who has sent the rent money, although chances are some have and are too embarrassed to come forward.
West Virginia is being worked pretty vigorously and we’ve received several emails from lawyers thanking us for posting this story and saving them a lot of time trying to ferret out the truth. If you’ve been contacted send me an email and as promised I’ll not print your firm or the lawyer’s names. I think it is important to continue to track this scam to determine if it changes over time.
Resources about this continuing saga:
- November 18, 2013: Law Practice: The Paraplegic Scam and the story of Po Javontae – Des Moines, Iowa.
- December 9, 2013: Breaking News: Javontae's paraplegic scam, moves from Iowa to California! - California
- December 13, 2013: Breaking News: Hot off the Dysfunctional Press from the Lombardi Law Firm! – Spokane, Washington
- December 15, 2013: More Breaking News: Where is Waldo? He’s in New Haven, Connecticut
- December 18, 2013: Does Waldo own a jet? – The Big Apple, New York, New York
- December 21, 2013: Paraplegic scammer attempts his scam on lawyers in Baltimore, Maryland
- January 14, 2014: News Update: Fed Ex and Walmart Scammers in New Jersey
- January 22, 2014: Let’s Rock & Roll with Po Javontae, Baltimore, Maryland - Javontae is back trolling again in Baltimore, Maryland, slight change of reported facts. He’s changed his address to: Napoleon, 111 East Little Texas Road, Louisiana 70390. This lawyer did not bite.
- January 27, 2014: Contacted by lawyers in West Virginia. Legal Scam: Javontae is back, this time in West Virginia
Please pass this email on to Steve. The "Po Javontae" Scam referenced on your website has now spread to West Virginia. We received a phone call this morning based on the same set of facts, the same names, same accent, and the same request for rent money ... all the same BS. We had our paralegal do an internet search and VOILA - your website popped up! It is astounding that they didn't change their approach.
- January 30, 2014: Contacted by lawyers in West Virginia.
I just took a moment to read some of your posts about “Javontae Holloway.” Thanks for saving us a bunch of time/effort. We exit this scam only losing about 45 minutes of time; due largely in part to your diligent reporting.
I couldn’t help but notice in the post on 1/14/14 the story was compared to something “out of a John Grisham novel.” Well, let me extend my greetings (coincidentally?) from John Grisham’s current hometown of Charlottesville, VA.
We had a phone number of (225) 200-0585 for him this morning.
He fed us the same nonsense about the truck ramp and the forklift and how Walmart wanted to settle with him today for 850K.
He mentioned that he was living in Louisiana, but we didn’t get far along enough to get an address.
Your website was a crucial tool for us this morning. I figured that if this serious of an injury happened (he gave us a date of 3/20/13) then by now there would be some sort of publication about it. I Googled his name and got your website.
Thanks for your diligence, Anonymously
- February, 7, 2014: Do Louisianans have too much time on their hands? West Virginia
- February 12, 2014: Guess who is back? You guessed it Javontae!
- The FBI's Most Wanted List