After a car accident can I get paid wages while I’m out of work?

Call us if you have legal questions. Steve Lombardi is a personal injury lawyer in Iowa.  If you, your spouse or a member of your family or friends are involved in any kind of accident contact the Lombardi Law Firm. We can assist you with your claim. Don't delay, call today. 
Steve Lombardi, Attorney

The answer isn't as simple as one may hope it would, sometimes yes and sometimes no. It depends on several factors one of which is whether or not you were covered under workers' compensation at the time of the injury and did the accident occur within the scope of your employment. Also if not covered under workers' compensation then do you have a short term disability policy that covers you? If neither of these apply then probably not unless the insurance company providing liability coverage will see the light in doing so. But don't hold your breath waiting for insurance companies to pay because that would require some adjuster to grow a heart; an event not likely to occur before you starve to death. So cut down on your bills, get the spouse out of the house to work and plan ahead after you get by this accident and buy insurance.

Steve Lombardi
Iowa personal injury, workers' compensation, motorcycle, quadriplegic, paraplegic, brain injury, death
If you are injured in the accident and sue the other driver, you may similarly find that the other driver argues that your injuries were not related to the accident.There may be factors which you don't know, which played a role in the accident, and it may turn out that the other driver was more at fault than you.Knowing what to do and how to get things done is usually very important. Naturally, it really is also very important to know the way in which to get it done. Best to always sought the best ones in town like.
by tampa personal injury lawyers December 15, 2011 at 06:04 PM
Post a Comment