Iowa Rollover Accidents are Preventable
Posted on May 08, 2011
I've been writing about rollover accidents involving SUV's and the high center of gravity that makes them sort of top heavy and an easily up ended. Well we have another one involving a UNI student who crashed on her way back to school. The accident happened in Marshall County and she was killed in the crash, even though she had her seatbelt on. What folks need to appreciate about driving an SUV is that the fact they are top heavy makes them prone to roll when sharply turned. This young lady was only 20-years-old, had a promising career and a college student. She is Anna Marie Williams, 20 of Carlisle.
How to prevent an SUV rollover
- Drive slower.
- If you see a deer hit it head on.
- Put the cell phone down and don't pick it up till you arrive at your destination.
- Always make sure you have good tread on the tires.
- Don't turn the SUV sharply from a straight course at a high rate of speed.
- Don't develop a false sense of being invincible just because you're driving something high and the size of a small tank.
OTHER RECENT IOWA ACCIDENTS