The driver, Lydia Danehy was heading south on Iowa Highway 150 when she ran into a horse. These are tough cases because farmers in general are not forthcoming with the truth about ownership or fencing issues that would tend to show negligence.
See this news story:
Woman hospitalized after car-horse crash in Buchanan County
Waterloo Cedar Falls Courier
HAZLETON — A collision late Tuesday between a car and horse in Buchanan County put the driver in the hospital, according to the sheriff's office. Lydia Danehy was southbound in a 2003 Chevrolet Impala on Iowa Highway 150.
Blog Posts Related to Horses, Cows and other animals on the roads:
- The Cow Jumped Over The Moon : Iowa Edict : Des Moines Lawyer
- The Cow Jumped Over The Moon
- What should I do if I strike a black cow in the roadway in rural Iowa?
- Lyon County Cow Causes Fatality of Cycle Rider
- If I hit a Farmers Cow going down the road am I responsible?
- Pigs on the Highway Running wild
- Is anyone at fault when their property ends up on the highway?