Fire heavily damages Cedar Rapids house

Posted on Aug 04, 2014

A Cedar Rapids house was heavily damaged by fire in the afternoon Friday, July 18th.  A passerby reported smoke coming from the house at 551 10th Street Southwest around 2 PM.  Firefighters found the first floor in flames, and heavy smoke throughout the house.  It was later discovered that the fire had originated in a laundry hamper containing rags soaked with linseed oil, a wood polish and sealant.  Apparently, the rags, which had been used to oil cabinets in the kitchen earlier that day, had heated up and spontaneously combusted.  Crews have called the house a total loss.  No one was hurt in the fire, which displaced a family of three.  The fire has been deemed unintentional.

Read more about Fire heavily damages Cedar Rapids house

Cedar Rapids House Total Loss After Fire

Cause of Cedar Rapids house fire determined

Read More About Fire heavily damages Cedar Rapids house...