An electrical fire that started in the early morning of March 27th displaced eight residents of a Des Moines apartment house. Residents of the building, at 1426 4th Street, called 911 around 3:30 AM after hearing a popping noise from an electrical meter and seeing that the outside of the building was on fire. Firefighters put out the fire, but it rekindled a few hours later and they had to be called to again put out the fire. The building, a two-story structure housing four residents on each floor, did not sustain significant damage—although the building is filled with smoke, most of the damage was to the outside. The Red Cross and family members have taken in the eight people who have been displaced.