Q: What are some of the things Ill need to prove a car accident claim?
1. Photographs of the cars, trucks or motorcycles involved.
2. Photographs to show the damage to the vehicles.
3. Photographs of the location of the collision.
4. Photographs and measurements of any skid marks or scuffs on the road’s surface.
5. Photographs and measurements of anything that obstructed your vision along the roadway.
6. Towing bill.
7. Damage repair estimate with details of what was damaged or the total loss report. If the car, truck or motorcycle was a total loss then a photograph of it’s condition just previous to the collision and the odometer reading.
8. You may need the bill of sale when you purchased the car, truck or motorcycle.
9. Car rental receipt or invoice if you had to lease a car while yours was getting repaired.
10. The police officers report of the accident; investigating officer’s report.
11. Medical records from the medical service providers that show your conditions, diagnoses, prognoses, tests and other treatments.
12. Medical bills for all expenses for which you will make a claim.
13. Wage loss statement from your supervisor.
14. Medical report indicating whether you have permanent impairment.
15. Doctor’s slip saying you had to miss work.
16. Witness names and contact information.
The best way to handle a car, truck or motorcycle accident is to get organized soon after the collision. Get a file jacket and begin putting everything you receive inside of the file. Also, communicate with the insurance company in writing and make a copy of anything you send to them or anyone else having to do with the accident or wreck.
There is no better situation than a client who is organized, knows how to listen and exhibits patience.