Our clients are very important to us and our goal in every case is to make their lives better at the end of the case than at the beginning. We do a good job of achieving that goal. The practice we have constructed takes on many different types of cases that include personal injury, workers' compensation, malpractice, lottery claims, defending professional licenses (doctors, nurses, pharmacists, chiropractors, lawyers, accountants, etc.), property cases, criminal defense, breach of contract claims, farm litigation, agricultural law, commercial property disputes, unemployment claims and an assortment of other legal work for people who need our help. We work with several attorneys across the state of Iowa and out-of-state who refer litigation work to us for all kinds of legal claims. Our goal is to keep them involved so they too can earn a fee. We do enjoy an ecclectic practice.
Here you will find some of our results, I say some because I've been doing this for over thirty-years and have recovered over $15,000,000 for injured people. When I started practicing law in 1981 we didn't even use computers, but we do now and we will begin listing our legal accomplishments for clients. We now have a YouTube Channel and a daily blog along with Q&A's. But what I have found the telephone is still the best tool to find out if you have a problem we can help you to resolve.
If you read about a result that pleases you let us know and if we can help you with your legal problem contact us using the contact form or simply call our office.
DISCLAIMER: The results are specific to the facts and legal circumstances of each of the clients' cases and should not be used to form an expectation that the same results could be obtained for other clients in similar matters without reference to the specific factual and legal circumstances of each client's case.
Drunk Driving Accidents
- Drunk Driver - Bar Sued - $150,000 Settlement
- Drunken high school student runs a stop light - Limits of Insurance Paid
Awarded: Tavern Over-serves Patron Who Overturns Truck Killing Himself
Awarded: Drunk Kid Runs Light, Client Needs Shoulder Surgery
Truck And Tractor Trailer Accidents
- No-Contact Car Accident Leads to Myelopathy and Incomplete Quadriplegia
- Side Crash Car Accident with Right Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
- Teen Driver Overturns Car - Passenger Dies
- Personal Injury - Broken Leg - Insurance Limits - County Road MVA
- Big Heavy School Buses Don't Just Suddenly Pull Out in Front of an Oncoming Pickup Truck; Instead the Driver Fails To Stop and Yield the Right of Way
- Head-on Semi-truck Accident in Northern Wisconsin
- Side Crash – Zero Reason - Shoulder Surgery leads to admitted liability!
Awarded: $1,100,000.00 - No-Contact Car Accident Leads to Myelopathy and Incomplete Quadriplegia
Awarded: MVA - Shoulder Impingement Syndrome - Ankeny, Iowa
Awarded: Teen Driver Overturns Car - Passenger Dies
Awarded: County Road - Fractured Leg - $70,000
Awarded: Delay putting in the crop and you reduce the yield; break the farmer's hip and you further erode his bottom line for the year.
Awarded: The decision to immediately get on a plane to investigate paid off to the tune of $650,000.
Awarded: Knowing the Facts Can Increase Your Award
Workers' Compensation & Employee Rights
- Work Comp: Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
- Tire Workers and Shoulder Injuries Are Common
- Work Comp: Cubital and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Work Comp: $30,000 knee injury for incarcerated client
- Motel Worker Shot By Unidentified Robber, Awarded Workers' Compensation Settlement
- What Can You Do When the Employer is a Bully and the Injured Worker a Single Mother? – Delay Makes a Bad Date
- Stripping to Earn a Paycheck - Workers' Compensation and the Exotic Dancer Driving Home Drunk
Awarded: Work Comp - Shoulder Impingement Syndrome - Car Accident - $144,000
Awarded: Tire Worker - Shoulder Injury - Rotator Cuff Tear - $99,000
Awarded: Work Comp - Cubital & Carpal Tunnel Syndrome - $33,000
Awarded: $30,000 Work Comp Settlement Bad Knee for Incarcerated Client
Awarded: Don't blame the worker for doing a dangerous and thankless job; instead just pay him benefits when he is shot protecting your flea-bag motel.
Awarded: This single mother had had enough and fought back winning against an employer and it's defense lawyer bully!
Awarded: A $300,000 Lap Dance
Property & Real Estate Injuries
- Divorce: $10,000 to 25,000 Retainers, Substantial Property or Parental Alienation Syndrome
- Poor Property Maintenance Defect Results in Personal Injury
Awarded: Divorce is painful, so do yourselves a favor and negotiate some of the issues, then see the lawyers
Awarded: Slip, fall in rental house resulted in knee surgery, carpal tunnel syndrome and a $125,000 verdict.
- I-80 Road Construction Related Rear-End Collision Semi-Truck Driver
- 2014 January to September, We move cases!
- Intersection Car Accident with Shoulder and Spine Surgery, Followed by a Stroke
- Union Worker's Partial Loss of Leg Leads to Confidential Settlement
- Failure to Properly Supervise – Parental Supervision
- Libel- Slander- Defamation Award at Trial
- The Single Woman with the Debt Problem and The Overly Aggressive Banker
- The Good Looking Waitress and the Boss Who Is All Hands and No Brain
- Busy Couple of Weeks; Let Us Help You
- We needed a $1 million or more of coverage
- Injured Interstate Highway Road Worker thru Mediated Settlement Gets New Lease on Life
- Update on Client with Serious Chronic Pain Syndrome & $100,000+ Settlement
- Iowa Board of Medicine - Signing the Settlement Agreement Does Not End the Pain
- Iowa Board of Nursing Case - A Failure to Disclose Criminal History
- Road Construction, Commercial Equipment Leasing Case Resolved
- We settled a tenant house fire case.
- Woman charged with telephone harrassment found not guilty
- People with a brain injury, need legal help to avoid being victimized
- Unemployment Benefits Awarded upon Employer's Failure to Prove Misconduct
- $5,000.00 Judgment for Plaintiff in Dispute Over the Purchase of a Defective Boat
- Successfull Appeal Over Denial of Training Extension Benefits
Awarded: Truck driver settles for confidential amount after cell phone using distracted driver causes multi-car accident.
Awarded: $852,241.67 in some of what we have resolved in 2014. Is your case moving towards resolution?
Awarded: $375,000.00 Intersection Auto Accident with Shoulder and Spine Surgery followed by a Stroke
Awarded: Six-figure settlement for loss of lower leg
Awarded: Parents awarded nothing for the work of raising a child - Juries can be unfair.
Awarded: Libel, Slander, Defamation and A Reputation, Worth $1.4 million
Awarded: Bankers don't get to be bullies, because under federal and state law single women are not defenseless.
Awarded: Single, White, Female ... and Sexually Harassment in the Workplace
Awarded: Three settlements totaling $333,333.
Awarded: Brain Damage Allows a Confidential Liability Limits Settlement
Awarded: Large Dollar Settlement Allows You A New Lease on Life to Start a Business
Awarded: Client Buys Rental Homes With Settlement Proceeds
Awarded: Iowa Board of Medicine - Settlement Agreement - Ongoing Reporting Can Kill an Insurance Plan
Awarded: Nursing License - Application - Failure to Disclosure - Criminal History
Awarded: Not Guilty
Awarded: Employer Fails to Prove Misconduct and Employee is Eligible to Receive Unemployment Benefits
Awarded: Judgment in favor of the plaintiff for $5,000.00
Awarded: Successful Appeal for Unemployment Training Extension Benefits