The case is Premium Transportation Staffing v. Bowers and the person injured was awarded permanent total disability awarded benefits. You get the decision and breathe a sigh of relief. Not so fast. You need to immediately file to turn this decision into a lump sum award. Ask your lawyer about a full commutation.
Because the trucking company and its insurance company will hire investigators to follow you, they will likely talk with your neighbors, your enemies, they will watch your Facebook page and do anything they can to make it look and sound like your condition is not totally disabled. Is this fair you ask and can they do this? Yes in all respects.
Should you become a victim of the insurance game? No.
What should you do? Contact a lawyer to fully commute your award.
PREMIUM TRANSPORTATION STAFFING v. BOWERS
Appeal from the Iowa District Court for Polk County, Scott D. Rosenberg, Judge. Considered by Doyle, P.J., and Mullins and Bower, JJ. Opinion by Doyle, P.J. (5 pages)
An employer and its insurer appeal from a district court ruling upholding the workers' compensation commissioner's decision. OPINION HOLDS: We have carefully reviewed the record, the briefs of the parties, and the district court's thorough and well-reasoned ruling. The district court's ruling identifies and considers all the issues presented. In applying the above standard-of-review precepts, and in giving the due deference we are statutorily obligated to afford the commissioner's findings of fact, we approve of the reasons and conclusions in the district court's ruling. Accordingly, we affirm the district court's decision affirming the Iowa Workers' Compensation Commissioner's decision pursuant to Iowa Court Rule 21.26(1)(b), (d), and (e).
If you read nothing else read this article: WC: LET US SEE JUST HOW RISING INTEREST RATES REDUCE YOUR LUMP SUM SETTLEMENT
More blogs of interest
- As a recipient of lifetime work comp benefits should I be worried rising interest rates?
- Iowa work comp death claims can be paid in one check
- Iowa Work Comp - Lump sum award for permanent total disability
- What the insurance companies don't want you to know about your ...
- Take your lump sum - take control away from the insurance company
- Grain Bin Accident in Farnhamville, Iowa leads to death
- Manure pit asphyxiation deaths in Cylinder, Iowa
- Former client dies in grain bin accident