It has been a busy couple of weeks for our old friend Javontae. He now has a new last name, Gowdy and he wasn’t delivering to a Walmart. Lately he is at the FedEx terminal unloading a WalMart semi-truck when his forklift overturns making him into a quadriplegic. And remember the landlord Mr. Jackson? Mr. Jackson’s story has been embellished; it seems his make-believe wife now has breast cancer, which justifies his need to get the rent money from Po’ Po’ Javontae. Without the rent money Po’ Javontae is going to the nursing home.
In the last two weeks we’ve been contacted by lawyers in Miami, Houston, Long Beach, Bakersfield and Everett (Washington).
I ended up speaking to a detective in the Sheriff’s Office in Napoleonville. He’s apparently received a number of calls recently about Mr. Growdy. He says that the address that I had previously seen on your blog is an abandoned home. They found a letter in the mailbox from a lawyer declining representation (I suppose Devonte/Jaevontae didn’t need to retrieve that one). It seems their efforts to track this guy down have been unrewarded, and unfortunately I had no information that would aid them in their quest. Name Withheld, Houston, Texas
This guy is a rascal so be on the lookout. If the deal appears too good to be true, it usually is.
Resources about this continuing saga:
- November 18, 2013: Law Practice: The Paraplegic Scam and the story of Po Javontae – Des Moines, Iowa.
- December 9, 2013: Breaking News: Javontae's paraplegic scam, moves from Iowa to California! - California
- December 13, 2013: Breaking News: Hot off the Dysfunctional Press from the Lombardi Law Firm! – Spokane, Washington
- December 15, 2013: More Breaking News: Where is Waldo? He’s in New Haven, Connecticut
- December 18, 2013: Does Waldo own a jet? – The Big Apple, New York, New York
- December 21, 2013: Paraplegic scammer attempts his scam on lawyers in Baltimore, Maryland
- January 14, 2014: News Update: Fed Ex and Walmart Scammers in New Jersey
- January 22, 2014: Let’s Rock & Roll with Po Javontae, Baltimore, Maryland - Javontae is back trolling again in Baltimore, Maryland, slight change of reported facts. He’s changed his address to: Napoleon, 111 East Little Texas Road, Louisiana 70390. This lawyer did not bite.
- January 27, 2014: Contacted by lawyers in West Virginia. Legal Scam: Javontae is back, this time in West Virginia
- February 7, 2014: February, 7, 2014: Do Louisianans have too much time on their hands? West Virginia
- February 12, 2014: Guess who is back? You guessed it Javontae! | Lombardi Law Firm – Los Angeles, California
- February 18, 2014: FedEx-WalMart Scam Update: What Babe the Blue Ox Has in Common with Javontae?
- February 24, 2014: Lawyer Scams: What makes them all similar?
- February 25, 2014: Javontae Holloway: This scam is all hat and no cattle.
- March 4, 2014: Javontae Holloway: This burner phone scammer has an Ohio Version
- July 10, 2014: Update: Javontae Holloway the Chameleon, or Should I Say “PIG!”
- August 7, 2014: Updated: Javontae Gowdy, a new name for an old scam.