Paraplegic Scammer, Kevin Johnson, Working to Develop New Markets
I feel like I know him better than his new girlfriend from Texas knows him. He has a thick southern accent of which I can imitate. He spins a very sad story and attaches it to your desire for a big damage case. If you take the bait, you send him a check, or some cash or even a money card. Some lawyers have even flown to his alleged hometown airport to meet up with him to sign him up. One happy lawyer, called me from the tarmac to express his thanks for the head’s up. Another promised some wine, but it never arrived. I didn’t think it would.
A GOOD SCAM ARTIST ALWAYS ADAPTS
He reads my blog. He is not dumb. He really understands greed. He’s dedicated to the con. And like a chameleon, he adapts. He is after all a seasoned con-man.
U-HAUL IS A FAVORITE VICTIM OF HIS SCAMS
He loves to use U-Haul as the deep pocket whose semi truck rear-ends his car. Po' Javontae. Po' Po' Javontae. Some of you have and continue to call the claim's manager who heads up U-Haul’s claims’ department. Frankly they are sick of getting yelled at about not talking to the lawyer's newest non-client. U-Haul patiently listens, takes the abuse, before letting the lawyer know, “You’ve been taken, it is a scam.” At that point either there is silence or swearing. Take your pick. Each is chosen equally.
EGG ON YOUR FACE, EGO'S BRUISED & YOUR WALLET FLEECED
But really the egg on your face is the least of your problems. First off you got taken for some money, not much, but still it was wasted and you’re likely angry. Second, you are ethically challenged, you know it, I know it, the guy at U-Haul knows it, and once the greed buzzer in your brain stops beeping you actually get on the Internet and find one of the blogs I have written. The list is below. Worry not, you are in good company. You are one of the many.
As painful as this is, just keep reading.
THE ROAD TO NOWHERE IS LITTERED WITH WELL INTENTIONED LAWYERS
Check out the list below, it contains a list of all the states where the scam has been attempted in just the last four months. You will be surprised at how many markets he’s worked and has worked in the past four months or the past six years.
He does like natural weather disasters. Hurricane Harvey in Houston is a working excuse lately.
Nowhere too low to go, no low too low as a good catastrophic weather event to sweeten the story line and the honey pot.
WHAT ARE THE RECENT MARKETS HE HAS BEEN WORKING?
Houston, Texas – Savannah, Georgia – San Jose, California – Manchester, New Hampshire (This is the first time in over four years that I have covered this guy, that he has entered the New Hampshire market.) – Mobile, Alabama – Charleston, West Virginia – Portland, Oregon – Ft. Lauderdale, Florida – Birmingham, Alabama – McComb, Mississippi – Houma, Louisiana – Bakersfield, California – Salt Lake City, Utah – Baltimore, Maryland – And this is just since my last post in May 2017.
MECHANISM OF MONEY TRANSACTION/TRANSFER
Green Dot Cards and Western Union money transfers along with small amounts of cash.
He reads my blog. He is not dumb. He does understand greed. He’s dedicated to the con. And like a chameleon, he adapts. Steve Lombardi
THE INJURY IS ALWAYS CATASTROPHIC
Paraplegic or paraplegia.
MECHANISM OF INJURY
Involves a FedEx semi-truck, a Walmart store, a UHaul semi-truck, a forklift, or an accident where he is pinned between the rear of the semi-trailer and the loading dock. It could also include Lowes and any interstate highway in your city. The accident will always happen at a big box store in the lawyer’s general market area, but the potential client will not always know the roads and the area. He will give incorrect information and when you catch him, and start asking too many questions his burner phone will suddenly disconnect. "Oops, sorry my battery went dead."
His aliases include: Carl Torrence, Javontae Holloway, Terrell Holloway, Javontae Gowdy, Troy Williams, Troy Johnson, Devantae Gowdy, Devonte Growey, Javontae Growley, William Roberts, Randy Weeks, Randy Lee Williams, Randy Williams, Calvin Thomas, Randy Lee Williams, Roger Davis and most recently Kevin Johnson.
FULL LIST OF LEGAL MARKETS JAVONTAE HAS WORKED SINCE NOVEMBER 2013
I have tracked him through interviews with lawyers in Iowa, Illinois, New York, Texas, Minnesota, Washington, California, Utah, Missouri, Mississippi, Kansas, Arizona, Kentucky, Ohio, Nebraska, Maine, Vermont, Massachusetts, Texas, Louisiana, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Florida, Oklahoma, Michigan, Delaware, Tennessee, Alabama, Connecticut, Georgia, Indiana, Montana, Nevada, North Dakota, South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia and New Jersey, Maryland and now New Hampshire.
I know it is painful, but you might as well keep reading…
BLOG LIST: Other blogs about the FedEx, Walmart, Lowes and U-Haul Scam:
- November 18, 2013: Law Practice: The Paraplegic Scam and the story of Po Javontae – Des Moines, Iowa.
- December 9, 2013: Breaking News: Javontae's paraplegic scam, moves from Iowa to California! - California
- December 13, 2013: Breaking News: Hot off the Dysfunctional Press from the Lombardi Law Firm! – Spokane, Washington
- December 15, 2013: More Breaking News: Where is Waldo? He’s in New Haven, Connecticut
- December 18, 2013: Does Waldo own a jet? – The Big Apple, New York, New York
- December 21, 2013: Paraplegic scammer attempts his scam on lawyers in Baltimore, Maryland
- January 14, 2014: News Update: Fed Ex and Walmart Scammers in New Jersey
- January 22, 2014: Let’s Rock & Roll with Po Javontae, Baltimore, Maryland - Javontae is back trolling again in Baltimore, Maryland, slight change of reported facts. He’s changed his address to: Napoleon, 111 East Little Texas Road, Louisiana 70390. This lawyer did not bite.
- January 27, 2014: Contacted by lawyers in West Virginia. Legal Scam: Javontae is back, this time in West Virginia
- February 7, 2014: February, 7, 2014: Do Louisianans have too much time on their hands? West Virginia
- February 12, 2014: Guess who is back? You guessed it Javontae! | Lombardi Law Firm – Los Angeles, California
- February 18, 2014: FedEx-WalMart Scam Update: What Babe the Blue Ox Has in Common with Javontae?
- February 24, 2014: Lawyer Scams: What makes them all similar?
- February 25, 2014: Javontae Holloway: This scam is all hat and no cattle.
- March 4, 2014: Javontae Holloway: This burner phone scammer has an Ohio Version
- July 10, 2014: Update: Javontae Holloway the Chameleon, or Should I Say “PIG!”
- August 7, 2014: Updated: Javontae Gowdy, a new name for an old scam artist
- August 13, 2014: A New Name – An Old Con Game
- August 25, 2014: The Fed-Ex and Walmart Scam for Dummies
- September 22, 2014: Dread Pirate Roberts, A New & Improved, Javontae Holloway
- November 21, 2014: Law Practice: The Paraplegic Scam and the story of Po Javontae
- December 22, 2014: Javontae aka Troy Williams Gets an “A” For Effort
- January 11, 2015: Latest Update, Iowa, Louisiana, New York
- June 18, 2015: Paraplegic Scam: I Now Know Who You Are Javontae
- July 7, 2015: Law Office Scams – Another One Bites the Dust!
- January 20, 2017: Law Office Paraplegic Scammer is Back in Business
- January 26, 2017: Javontae is moving on to the Volunteer State
- April 19, 2017: Like Trump, the Paraplegic Scam Artist Continues to Promise the Moon
- May 9, 2017: In Texas everything is bigger than life, including this fake claim
- September 7, 2017: Paraplegic Scammer, Kevin Johnson, Working New Markets
Protect yourself from this guy! He thinks he's better than he really is....