It’s still a high-speed accident with a big truck. He’s still a paraplegic. Still rolling around in a wheelchair. Lately he claims to have suffered an injury after being rear-ended in California by someone driving a U-Haul vehicle. He claims to live in Texas with his girlfriend or his sister. He really needs to speak with an attorney. And he really-really needs you to send him a few hundred dollars, like yesterday.
THE SCAM: All of that being said, the entire claim is an attempt to get the lawyer to send rent money in order for the man to delay signing settlement papers and for the lawyer to have the opportunity to sign him up and get the case.
Real News: THE CASE IS FAKE, THE INJURY MADE UP, AND - THE ACCIDENT NEVER HAPPENED
Here is why this shouldn't work. Anyone who understands the future needs of a quadriplegic and the laws concerning Medicare will realize what he asserts can’t be true. U-Haul, Wal-Mart, Lowes and Fed-Ex have sophisticated claim departments and would never make an offer of settlement without first having a Medicare evaluation for the cost of future care. This evaluation isn't something that can be done overnight. Okay, theoretically it is possible to settle for everything except future medical, but not likely.
See “What Is a “Medicare Set-Aside” and When Do You Need One?”
If as a lawyer you don’t understand the larger personal injury cases then you need to associate with someone who does. We do handle personal injury cases involving quadriplegia, paraplegia, spinal cord injuries, myelopathy, brain damage and wrongful death.
ALIASES: His aliases include: Carl Torrence, Javontae Holloway, Terrell Holloway, Javontae Gowdy, Troy Williams, Troy Johnson, Devantae Gowdy, Devonte Growey, Javontae Growley, William Roberts, Randy Weeks, Randy Lee Williams, Randy Williams, Calvin Thomas, Randy Lee Williams and Roger Davis.
If we can help you with your case don’t hesitate to call us.
Other blogs about the FedEx, Walmart, Lowes and U-Haul Scam:
- November 18, 2013: Law Practice: The Paraplegic Scam and the story of Po Javontae – Des Moines, Iowa.
- December 9, 2013: Breaking News: Javontae's paraplegic scam, moves from Iowa to California! - California
- December 13, 2013: Breaking News: Hot off the Dysfunctional Press from the Lombardi Law Firm! – Spokane, Washington
- December 15, 2013: More Breaking News: Where is Waldo? He’s in New Haven, Connecticut
- December 18, 2013: Does Waldo own a jet? – The Big Apple, New York, New York
- December 21, 2013: Paraplegic scammer attempts his scam on lawyers in Baltimore, Maryland
- January 14, 2014: News Update: Fed Ex and Walmart Scammers in New Jersey
- January 22, 2014: Let’s Rock & Roll with Po Javontae, Baltimore, Maryland - Javontae is back trolling again in Baltimore, Maryland, slight change of reported facts. He’s changed his address to: Napoleon, 111 East Little Texas Road, Louisiana 70390. This lawyer did not bite.
- January 27, 2014: Contacted by lawyers in West Virginia. Legal Scam: Javontae is back, this time in West Virginia
- February 7, 2014: February, 7, 2014: Do Louisianans have too much time on their hands? West Virginia
- February 12, 2014: Guess who is back? You guessed it Javontae! | Lombardi Law Firm – Los Angeles, California
- February 18, 2014: FedEx-WalMart Scam Update: What Babe the Blue Ox Has in Common with Javontae?
- February 24, 2014: Lawyer Scams: What makes them all similar?
- February 25, 2014: Javontae Holloway: This scam is all hat and no cattle.
- March 4, 2014: Javontae Holloway: This burner phone scammer has an Ohio Version
- July 10, 2014: Update: Javontae Holloway the Chameleon, or Should I Say “PIG!”
- August 7, 2014: Updated: Javontae Gowdy, a new name for an old scam artist
- August 13, 2014: A New Name – An Old Con Game
- August 25, 2014: The Fed-Ex and Walmart Scam for Dummies
- September 22, 2014: Dread Pirate Roberts, A New & Improved, Javontae Holloway
- November 21, 2014: Law Practice: The Paraplegic Scam and the story of Po Javontae
- December 22, 2014: Javontae aka Troy Williams Gets an “A” For Effort
- January 11, 2015: Latest Update, Iowa, Louisiana, New York
- June 18, 2015: Paraplegic Scam: I Now Know Who You Are Javontae
- July 7, 2015: Law Office Scams – Another One Bites the Dust!
- January 20, 2017: Law Office Paraplegic Scammer is Back in Business
- January 26, 2017: Javontae is moving on to the Volunteer State
- April 19, 2017: Like Trump, the Paraplegic Scam Artist Continues to Promise the Moon
- May 9, 2017: In Texas everything is bigger than life, including this fake claim
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "In Texas everything is bigger than life, including this fake claim"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."