If you get nothing else from this, get this: preservation of evidence is ky to winning your case. Repeat it to yourself, because before you make any decision ask yourself, if what you are doing is preserving the evidence.
I don't care how much you think you're saving on attorney fees, ask that question and if you aren't preserving evidence you are destroying value. So let me talk about your dog bite case.
Don't give a statement without first talking to a lawyer. If you do and later see a lawyer tell them you gave a statement to the dog owner's insurance company.
After 30+ years of practicing personal injury litigation attorney Lombardi should understand what it takes to prove your case. In the last ten days he, Katrina and their team have settled cases for over $225,000. That doesn't happen by luck. So consider the following when thinking about what you should do in a dog bite case.
Today, attorney Lombardi gives you 15 must-do things after your child or your spouse have been mauled by someone's viscious dog.
- Video the growling dog even is you need to visit the dog at the pound.
- Save the clothing you had on at the time of the attack.
- Photograph the injuries using a ruler to show the length of any lacerations and teeth marks.
- Photo/video the defective hardware, like gate latches and dog chains.
- Save the defective hardware.
- Obtain contact information for all witnesses.
- Obtain a copy of the police report and the animal control officer's name.
- Keep a copy of the medical bills.
- Keep a list of the MSP's and their contact information.
- Keep a list of the prescription drugs and where you had each filled.
- Copy the DEC page of your homeowner's insurance policy.
- Keep a copy of your health insurance card.
- Keep a copy of any work excuse the doctor gives you excusing you from work.
- Keep track of your time off from work.
- Open a file folder to keep all information.
And as always, if we can help you with your case, call us using the contact information provided on this site. And if not, good luck with your case.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "How to Put Some Bite in Your Dog Bite Case"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."