The U.S. Food and Drug Administration inspected Main Street Family Pharmacy, a Tennessee compounding pharmacy, and found spiders in the room where drugs were manufactured. Tests showed that the drugs contained bacteria and fungus, leading to illness in 26 patients in four different states. This citation comes shortly after a similar problem with the New England Compounding Center that led to a fungal meningitis outbreak, killing 58 people and sickening 750. With regard to the Tennessee facility in this investigation, the FDA noted that protective gear was not worn by employees manufacturing the drugs and the facility failed to maintain proper pest control procedures. All sterile drug products produced by the pharmacy are recalled.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Contaminated Pharmacy in Tennessee Caused Numerous Deaths"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."