After several incidents of E. coli infection in Chipotle restaurants on the western coast of the U.S., a Chipotle restaurant in Boston was shut down for causing 100 students to become infected with the norovirus a few weeks ago.  This incident is believed to have been caused by a sick employee, and is separate from the E. Coli contamination cases.  The Boston store has received the go-ahead to re-open this week.  The company vows to become the cleanest and healthiest restaurant after these incidents, but its stock has plummeted in light of the many troubles the company is facing.  It may take quite awhile before customers feel comfortable eating at one of the locations again, particularly one of the almost 50 stores shut down due to foodborne illness.

Be the first to comment!
Post a Comment