A Carroll County bicyclist was killed as she rode on County Road E-26 just east of Sycamore at 6:42 PM on April 22, 2016. She and the driver of the Silverado were heading west. [Sun rises from the east and sets to the west.]
The ISP Trooper gives this description: "VEH 1 WAS HEADING WEST ON COUNTY ROAD E-26 EAST OF SYCAMORE VEH 2 BICYCLE WAS HEADING WEST ON COUNTY ROAD E-26 EAST OF SYCAMORE VEH 1 DID NOT SEE THE BICYCLIST AS HE APPROACHED FROM BEHIND, HITTING THE BICYCLE THROWING THE RIDER OF THE BIKE INTO NORTH DITCH THE RIDER OF THE BICYCLE WAS PRONOUNCED DEAD AT THE SCENE BY THE CARROLL COUNTY CORONER."
Bicyclist who was killed: Joleen Marie Stork, Glidden, Iowa age 60. Her maiden name appears to have been Wiederin. The Glidden name seems to be one rooted in Iowa history. Glidden is a town in Carroll County, Iowa, United States. Glidden, Iowa is a thriving community in west-central Iowa. Located on US Highway 30 just outside of Carroll, Iowa, Glidden is just eighty miles northwest of Des Moines, Iowa. The population was 1,146 at the 2010 census. Joleen (Wiederin) Stork was killed last night, April 22, 2016 in a bicycle accident. Joleen was Unit President for Glidden Unit #386.
Truck's Driver: Walter James Wenck, 83 from Carroll.
- Bicyclist loses life following vehicle vs. bicycle accident
- 4 - KJAN | Radio Atlantic, IA – AM 1220
- NEWS as reported via Facebook: April 23rd, 2016 by Ric Hanson - A collision between a pickup and a mountain bicycle Friday evening in Carroll County has left one person dead. The Iowa State Patrol says 60-year old Joleen Marie Stork, of Glidden, died in the crash that happened in a rural area northeast of Lidderdale, at around 6:40-p.m.
- Authorities say 83-year old Walter James Wenck, of Carroll, was heading west on Carroll County road E-26, just east of Sycamore Road, and failed to see the westbound Mongoose mountain bicycle Stork was riding.
- Wenck’s 2005 Chevy Silverado pickup struck the bike from behind, causing Stork to be thrown from the bicycle. She landed in the north ditch and was pronounced dead at the scene by the Carroll County Coroner.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Carroll County Bike-Truck Collision Claims Biker’s Life"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."