Two dead in Waterloo apparently from fumes from a generator being used for power inside the homes attached garage.
I’ve written on this subject and if you go to the Lombardi Law Firm website [www.lombardilaw.com] and do a search for “carbon monoxide poisoning” you’ll see at least twenty-five posts.
Now here is the news item from KCRG-TV9 which does a great job of reporting the news.
“WATERLOO, Iowa (KCRG-TV9) —Police think fumes from a gas generator may have caused the deaths of a man and woman whose bodies were found in their flood-damaged home in Waterloo.
Authorities found the pair, and two dogs, dead about 10 a.m. Sunday.
Neighbors told police the man and woman had been cleaning their home at 4011 E. Shaulis Road. The two may have been using a generator inside the house's attached garage. Flood waters damaged the property last month.
Police say a friend of the victims alerted authorities after finding one of the two unresponsive.
A medical examiner will conduct autopsies soon to find an official cause of death of the man and woman.
Police don't believe there are any signs of foul play.”
Here are a few titles from Lombardi Law Firm posts about carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Q: How do I prevent carbon monoxide poisoning from my old furnace?
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning - Is the landlord or hotel owner at fault ...
- Carbon monoxide poisoning can cause death | Lombardi Law Firm
- Gas Explosions, Fires in Homes, Mobile Homes, Camping Trailers ...
- Furnace man falls through home ceiling, who pays? | Lombardi Law ...
- How can I tell if gas is leaking from the pipes? | Lombardi Law Firm
- Can my mobile home heater explode? What can cause the gas ...
And yes whoever is not the homeowner in this case may have a claim against the homeowner's insurance policy for negligence or a defect in the property. The deceased person would have an estate opened in order to pursue the claim. This is work we do on a constant basis for what lawyers refer to as wrongful death. If the Lombardi Law Firm can help you contact Steve or Katrina for a free interview.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Carbon Monoxide Poisoning of Homeowners"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."