Question: What can I do about my spine injury that happened at an apartment complex?
Question Detail: I fell three stories and broke my spine. It was at an apartment complex. What can I do about this?
Answer: The answer to your question depends on the specific facts that led up to and explain how and why you fell. The question about the balcony design is an interesting one and can show a condition existed that allowed you to fall. On the other hand we have to ask questions tending to explain your own actions leading up to the event. Comparative fault is always an issue in these cases and must be fully vetted to appreciate whether a claim exists and will be economically feasible. An injury does not make a case. What were you doing out on the balcony and what about the balcony do you believe contributed to the fall? If you were drinking that certainly won't help your case.
In the end we must start out at the beginning and you need to see a lawyer who practices in the area of personal injury and is willing to put in the work to understand the how, what, when and why of your case. My firm handles spinal cord injury cases including paraplegia and quadriplegia as well as ruptured discs. If we don’t hear from you I wish you the best of luck with these very serious injuries.
- Premise Liability – Repairs and Maintenance - Falling Out the Window
- BALCONY FALL: Police Release Man’s Name – In this instance we have to wonder why the young man climbed over the railing.
- Ames, Iowa police investigate another balcony fall - SFGate,Ames,Iowa
- Who is liable if a balcony collapsed at a private residence?
- Woman in fatal balcony fall identified,Panama City Beach,FL.
- Toronto balcony fall leaves boy, 4, in serious condition,Canada - Police said the child appears to have climbed onto a container on the balcony before falling over the railing. The door to the balcony was left open, according to police, apparently in an attempt to cool down the apartment asmidday temperatures reached 33 C. The apartment did not have air conditioning.
- Ames, Iowapolice investigate another balcony fall,Ames,Iowa
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Apartment balcony falls cause catastrophic injuries"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."